- 1/2 Kg. Bhendi washed and wiped dry cut head and tail
- 3 green chillies washed head removed and cut into 4 each
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 10-15 curry leaves washed
- 1 onion cleaned washed and finely chopped
- 1 tomato washed and finely chopped
- Coconut oil 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. Samarcho Pitto
- Kokum as required
- Water as required
Switch on the gas and in a non-stick vessel add oil. Now put cut onion and chillies fry.
When the onions become translucent then add tomatoes, tumeric powder and fry well till tomatoes become mushy. Now add the bhendi, samarcho powder and kokum. Mix well without smashing the bhendi. Cover and leave for 2 minutes. Now add curry leaves and salt and stir. If dry add 1/4 cup water little at a time. Cook for 3 minutes more. Taste and switch off the gas. Enjoy your bhendi with chapattis or rice as a side dish.
Benefits of bhendi:
- It contains potassium, vitamin B, C, folic acid and calcium.
- It is low on calories and has high dietary fibre.
- Helps to manage gestational diabetes, and type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Helps to lower cholesterol
- Helps to manage stress and fatigue.