Who doesn’t love to try a different methods/ways to cook dishes. So on a particular lazy morning I had prawns with me. I didn’t want to make a curry as it’s a regular dish at home. I decided to go ahead and make prawn skewers.
Ingredients for the skewers are listed below:
- Prawns 1/2 kg cleaned, deveined and washed
- 2 onions cleaned, washed and cut into rectangular shape
- 1 green capsicum washed, wiped dry and cut into rectangular shape
- 1 red capsicum washed, wiped dry and cut into rectangular shape
- 1 yellow capsicum washed, wiped dry and cut into rectangular shape
- 1 orange capsicum washed, wiped dry and cut into rectangular shape
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Food colour as required
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Mustard paste 1/4 tsp
- Tumeric powder 1/2 tsp.
- Oil for basting
- Brush for basting the oil
Method: Marinate the prawns in a bowl with items 7-13. Keep aside for 1/2 an hour. Now start skewering with the onion followed by capsicums and last prawns. Continue till you have at least 2 prawns on a skewer. Now on a hot griddle pan put a tbs. Of oil. Place the skewers. Let the skewer cook for about 3 minutes. Turn the skewer and baste the other side with oil. Cook till you see charred marks appear. Remove onto a plate and enjoy.
Salad ingredients :
- 1 cucumber, washed and cut into quarters
- 1 onion cleaned, washed and finely sliced lengthwise
- 1 pomegranate cut into half and seeds removed
- 5-6 mint leaves washed and pat dry for decoration
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and keep aside.
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup curds
- 10-12 mint leaves cleaned and washed
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbs. Coriander leaves cleaned and washed
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
Blitz all the above ingredients and put into a bowl. Enjoy.
Since this was for lunch I paired it with garlic rice. You can enjoy with garlic bread, naan or tandoori roti, when you prepare it for dinner.
Recipe for : Garlic Rice