The first time I ate Sukkha was at a family friends home. I thoroughly enjoyed the dish. Again I had this dish and had a peek a boo at the preparation was at another family friends home.
As my family loves to experiment with the different types and dishes of the various cuisines I learn various dishes.
So I decided to experiment with it. Here’s my version of a Beef Sukkha.
Ingredients for the sukkha
- 1 kg. Beef cut into small chunks (clean the meat well and discard excess fat)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1. tsp pepper powder
Boil the meat in a cooker with salt and pepper powder for 3 whistles. Keep aside to cool naturally. Then open the cooker.
Ingredients for the Sukkha masala :
- 1/2 a coconut grated
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp. Coriander seeds
- 7-9 red chillies ( Mix of Kashmir chillies and bedki chillies)
- 7-10 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2-3 nos. of 1″ cinnamon sticks
- 1″ ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Water for grinding (I used 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 onion cut lengthwise
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 bunch coriander leaves
- A small lemon sized tamrind soaked
- Coconut oil for cooking (As desired)
In a mixer grind items (2-11). Now in a non-stick vessel add oil and fry the onions and remove. Keep aside. Now add the coconut and saute well. Add the ground masala and saute well. Add the boiled meat and saute well. Add 2 tbsp of tamrind paste along with curry leaves and fried onions. Decorate with coriander leaves. Serve hot and enjoy.